Once Again...Kuch Bheege Alfaaz

Some people watch movies to fall in love.. 
Some watch to forget unhappy moments and have fun for those 2+ hours...
Some watch to learn how to woo their lovers..
And some also watch to just be able to talk about them in social circles! 

For me movies have been like a companion. Never ask me to come or do something with them...but always there whenever I just want to get lost in a plot without thinking something about anything else. 
So with this post, I officially revive my sleeping blog! :-D

I watched these 2 different love stories in 2 days.. and both of them had just 1 thing to say.. Love Rules! 

I might sound like a love-struck 17 year old but trust me its not so.. 

So I had seen LunchBox and wanted to see Once Again as I heard they were on similar lines...As soon as Shefali Chaya's Insta said its back on Netflix it went to my to-watch list. 



A beautiful story line.. with very real characters..real struggles and real feelings. Just like Tara - the protagonist said at 1 point - its so much easier to talk on phone - I have felt this many times... Its so much more easier to communicate over a  medium rather than face-2-face. Every time the characters picked up the phone to talk to each other it carried a whole day or more of wait, apprehension, sensitivity and vulnerability. You actually get ready for those 5-10-15-20 minutes of precious conversation that you share with the person.. Private yet out in the open. 

Be it Neeraj or Shefali they both portrayed their characters effortlessly on screen. As if they can feel the emotions the chemistry between them on and off phone as real as it was actually happening. 

It sometimes amazes me, how come these actors can pretend to 'FEEL' in front of a thousand pairs of eyes watching them play the part.. Being On-Screen is completely another story. 

Nevertheless, very beautifully crafted - the story touched a part of my life that revolved around me dating my then-boyfriend-now-husband... It awakened all those memories where we used to wait to just listen to each other's voice and find out if something went wrong that day and how the 20 minute STD call can make it right! Long-Distance Romance had its charm! :-)

Next day while talking to my friend S, a movie buff herself she recommended Kuch Bheege Alfaaz, once again. And now I just had to watch it right away.. What started like a sweet time-pass love story, entwined itself like a mesmerizing love creeper around my day...pepping up my spirits after every Pause n Resume sequence. The characters seemed so real as if they were sitting with me and chatting to each other. I am not a fan of chocolate-hero looking actors but Zain Khan was able to touch the depth of the character with pure emotion. And Geetanjali has portrayed the tug-of-war between the inner and exterior beauty of a woman so effortlessly.. 


                       

Every time their phones chimed with a new WhatsApp mesg, I felt the urge to look at my phone.. The unspoken yet honey-drenched words came through the screen as if they are playing a melody of their own. 

I super loved the climax of the movie. The sweet sweet love that picks up speed toward the last 20 minutes just kept on giving me more reasons to smile every minute. And the way they have sewn 'Pehla Nasha' from Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar just stole my heart like I was back in school!!!! :-D

I couldn't help but ponder that 2 very different movies - with such stark different characters, script as well as story line - they somewhere share a connect. 

Content in Relationships was perhaps the common denominator in both the movies. You don't have to get approvals, think about what-ifs, fall in love, be in love with the person All.The.Time.... However, if you are content in your relationship - your feelings are reciprocated no matter what - I think Love will follow.. and so will rest of the emotions.

I am perhaps High on emotions to write all this and tomorrow when I have a huge fight with J - I might just say otherwise - but today I am going to count my blessings, thank my stars and hug him tight with my emotions! 

Till then.. Keep Watching Great Movies my friends!
Wish to keep writing about all those movies that strike a cord with me..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jail - Bollywood Movie

My thoughts on the silver screen...